I was really saddened this morning as I checked the Bitchy Waiter's blog. Most likely you readers have found your way here from his site, so you all know about his news and beautiful, yet heart-wrenching story about his fallen companion. I made myself read everything he wrote even though I knew from the picture and beginning paragraph, what had happened. I just can't handle it when our beloved friends/children/family/animals, whatever you choose to call them, pass on. When you truly get close to them, it's harder to accept than any other loss.
I don't have the guts to post a comment on your blog dealing with this, as I don't feel it would make a difference anyways. Please know, as a fellow absolute adorer of animals, and most importantly, a decent human being, I do feel your pain. My most heartfelt empathy goes out to you and your husband, sir.
I still have the dog bowl and collar of my first dog, including her precious ashes as I still to this day can't let go of. I had the horrible experience of euthanizing my sweet angel in her 16th year on September 13, 2007. My little kitty died from heart failure on November 13th, just two months later, and only after 5 years with me. I found her on my bed, waiting for me to jump in and snuggle. I have her little turtle she used to love playing with, her bowl, and ashes too. Yeah, life is really shitty some times. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think about both of them. It gets easier no matter, as the psycho-babble states, but you never forget. That's the important thing.
Not a day goes by that I don't think of my doggy on our walks, when she woke me up to get me into the basement because of a storm, she needed to potty; the list is endless. Not a day goes by when I don't think about my little kitty as I jump into bed and oddly she isn't there.
You reminded me of my sad memories, but most importantly, my happy ones. Your experiences of walking to the window to see your beloved two and how it became a staple of habit was so uplifting. You painted a perfect picture and I could see your story taking place as I was reading. Memories, even though sad now will be happy in the future, the tears will flow just the same, but it's different. Thank you for that. Again, I am so, so sorry for your loss. It's nothing short of devastating, to put it lightly. It will absolutely destroy you for a time. But as dumb as it sounds, and as cliché too, as time passes, it does get better.
Even though I haven't always agreed with what you publicize, at this moment it doesn't matter. If I could give you and your husband a hug, I would. I'm right there with you. In memory of Sherman.
In another day in the life of a human being.
No comments:
Post a Comment