Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Who am I to abandon anything?

I can't even walk out on any job I hate without the guilt wrecking me. What would that say about me to abandon something I personally created and actually enjoyed contributing to? It's just not part of my being. So I humbly apologize for that last entry made out of complete frustration. I honestly don't believe I intended to quit posting and just magically forget this thing ever existed.

After the prior outburst at work, there was an equally outrageous one the very next day, again directed specifically at the GM of the establishment for something he said to me that pushed me too far at the exact wrong time in the day. I ended up conceding my fault before I left for the day after I realized that I was still mad at him from the previous incident and not the current one that transpired.

That following morning, I gave him my notice after he welcomed me when I walked in. I'll just end that part of the drama here and continue on, hopefully sooner than later.

I wanted to post that this isn't over and thank everyone still reading; especially my loyal commenter, Christy! After reading all of your input I realized that I genuinely appreciate the little bit of satisfaction someone else can get out of a mere blog lost in a sea of writings, and I'm quite glad. If there are others (there has to be damn it!) who equally share in your sentiments, that's fantastic too, though it's your comments that really make this whole thing worth it. For that I thank you, truly.

I do have many more posts within me to write. It shouldn't, though does, amaze me how this place went from decent to pure shit in the span of a week. I mean, I knew it was going to happen, but not like the flip of a switch. I have mentally acquired probably an easy ten more novel long posts to elaborate on, and will try to start contributing regularly once again. It's like I stated before though, I'm so wiped after a day of work there I just don't feel like it, even though I want to.

Thanks again for visiting, as I sincerely appreciate it. Anyways, until another day in the life of a line cook.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out! :) Glad you are still writing!
    Christy

    ReplyDelete