Thursday, March 14, 2013

I'm as confuse as you are.


So, right before closing time, she comes back into the kitchen, obviously defeated, reminds everyone of the meeting and assures all that it will be a quick, though it’s a must for employees, NOT EXCUSED, to attend. Wow, I wonder who that was a shot at me and why so bitter sweetheart?
  
Another manager comes back at the same time. Yeah, I know. There’s like at least two front and no back managers at all times. This place gets weirder and weirder all the time. They also employ another two front managers that only work two days per month…wtf? Yeah, I’ll bitch about that another day, or maybe now a bit.

It’s hard for me not to laugh about them because it’s really pathetic. They both come in for their free meals once per week and complain about something all the time. Why are they managers if they don’t even WORK there? They are both stupid pieces of garbage obviously just leeching off the place these days. Plus, it takes away positions for the decent people actually WORKING in the establishment.

I had the one guy, yeah, it’s actually a dude, and he came back to the kitchen and told me to “feel this.” putting a bowl of pasta in my face. My first reaction was, wow…….speechless. I stood there almost numb with surprise. The kitchen manager came over and introduced us hastily.

Excellent, I don’t care about asshole customers, let alone managers. (need to LOL here) Conversations ensued between those two, and then this dick shoved a spoon in my face. I grabbed it and looked at him surprised. He then told me, “This is luke-warm…don’t you taste anything you send out?” Holy fuck, we have a problem now.

I said flat out to his wrinkly face, “Nope, I don’t have to, it’s a franchise recipe.” This douche spouts back, “It’s not even hot!” This was the highlight of my evening here. I calmly replied, “It was obviously hot when I served it. The cheese is melted throughout. How do you check temperatures with a spoon?” Yeah, I was that cocky. What I really wanted to do was come outside the line, head butt him, and smash his wanna be better than personality face with the pasta while he was on the floor, all the while asking him, “Does that feel hot enough? Here’s a spoon, taste it, oh, wait, you’re inhaling in now, no worries. But, that didn’t’ happen. I digress…

Anyways, so the other female manager comes back to join her rhino partner. They are both still chatting about the meeting scheduled for tomorrow. I’m so damn happy now. The second female manager, who I haven’t yet wrote about, I do like, she’s a decent person, though really large also. So I take this glorious opportunity to flat out tell her, in front of the other behemoth, “I have a dentist appointment the same time as the meeting, so, I’m very sorry, but I won’t be able to make it.” She just smiles and says, “That’s okay, I already know.”

I pry further and ask what the topics will be since I’ll be unfortunate enough to miss the whole thing. My nemesis chuckles and leaves, the other stays and actually talks to me like a human being. Wow, nice. This is what’s really disturbing.

She states, and is visibly upset about yoga pants. She says that will be brought up in the meeting. Fuck, yoga pants? I’m clueless here. As she bitches on further about how gross and unprofessional they look, it dawns on me. Shit, those must be the spandex type pants the waitresses wear, you know the ones with nice figures.

Now I just want her to go away too. Jealous much? This is the first topic of a mandatory company meeting that a member of MANAGEMENT wanted to bring up…and I thought I was being petty last post.

Someone tell me I’m wrong here. We’re just a franchise steakhouse, no real class whatsoever, and now hot waitresses are going to be punished for modestly showing off and feeling good about themselves? Shit, they likely get great tips for that. I tip servers on personality and ‘service’, but my buddies whom have never draped this industry tip tons more if they like the chicks. Most males are like that, I have no doubt.

So today, I went in at eleven and found out there was a table of forty scheduled at noon. Woot! Way to make my day. Too tired now to explain how well, though horribly wrong it went.

Next real-time ramblings and incoherency, in the life of a line cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment