Wednesday, March 6, 2013
What happens in the kitchen, stays in the kitchen?
Before I don’t feel like telling the tales next post, I’ll
just put these out there.
I was sexually assaulted by a co-worker, by any standard, in
the walk in freezer at a certain popular franchise. At the same establishment,
I was also witness to another co-worker spit on food. I won’t specify the
restaurant’s name just yet, though will say it’s a popular 24 hour place know for its
breakfast.
I never did say anything about the sexual assault at first,
probably because I’m a guy, but the harassment continued until I told
management, not once, but twice. The first time, my superiors thought it was
funny. The second, still funny but they talked to the female. No disciplinary
actions whatsoever, just to leave me be. Hmm, I wonder how that would play out
if I had boobs and started crying. I was groped in the package, on multiple
occasions, that’s probably why she didn’t let up. See, I still can joke about
it, though it got bad. For next time.
I was witness to another cook spitting on a customer’s food.
I walked around the corner and there it was coming out of his mouth, and into
the middle of the sandwich. Too late for him to react to my presence. I just
stared at him and walked off line. I went into the GM’s office, who was also
the owner, and told him what I had just seen. He said he’d handle it and was visibly
upset. The next day, that same cook was working. A week went by, still there.
Almost a month later, the owner’s daughter comes up to me and says she just
witnessed the very same thing as I had told her Dad. I ask her why he’s still
here and she said it’s because they can’t get any applications for cooks.
Again, for next time.
I just wanted to get that out so I HAVE to write about these
soon or eventually.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment