Interesting.
Having created this blog with my chosen
content in mind, I decided to search a bit around the net to see how many
others have done the same. I was able to find a few really good blogs, though
one stands out to me. It’s called The Bitchy Waiter . I was looking mainly for
line cook writings and there are some excellent ones. I’ll likely write about
them later when I have more free time to dive deeper into their content, but
the Bitchy Waiter is really fascinating to me at the moment.
I have always heard the horror stories
and seen firsthand what a nightmare customer can do to some of the servers I’ve
had the pleasure of working with over my time in the industry. I’ve met some of
the nicest, intelligent, sweetest, and downright fuckin’ awesome people that
were servers at the restaurants I’ve worked for. I’ve seen some turn bitter and
mean, many become jaded, several have exploded in anger, and others break down
into tears all because of the worthless people they have had the misfortune of
interacting with.
This is why I stated in my very first
post, I absolutely refuse to be a front-of-the-house person. There is no way,
unless it’s completely unavoidable, that I want anything to do with a paying
customer. This is also the reason why I have the utmost respect for the wait
staff in any restaurant. I have said it many times and will continue to
reinforce that the servers, over anyone else, have the worst job within the
entire establishment.
My hat’s off to all of you, sincerely. I
have major respect for what you do day in and day out. I don’t care how good
the money is, I would NEVER do it, hell I just couldn’t. I think I’d rather eat
every third day and slowly starve to death if it came down to being the only
job I could attain. Again, bravo to all of you in that line of work.
I’ve met my breaking point in the
kitchen before on several occasions. I’m sure many of you have too though the
big difference is you have to stay composed because you are in the eyes of the
public. I can slam some pans around or the oven doors and kick a box, and
believe me it does help to get some pent up frustration out.
The other reason the Bitchy Waiter
really stood out to me was because I have only heard stories form co-workers in
that position and never got the chance to actually sit here and read of the
well written day-to-day happenings. I am mesmerized. And to top it off, this
one is still current with the author taking a hilarious stand against an
article written by New York Post writer, Kyle Smith, located here.
I say kudos to you good sir for bringing
such outstanding quality content of your experiences to viewers worldwide. I am
now a dedicated reader. I have only read through the newest and a few of the
first ones, though can confidently say I look forward to going through every
post over time with my cup of morning coffee. Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment